Illuminate Your Home with the Magical Glow of Moroccan-Style Lanterns
When it comes to decorating your home, there are plenty of options to choose from. But if you want a unique, eye-catching look, you can’t go wrong with the exotic style of Moroccan-style décor. One of the best ways to bring this style into your home is with Moroccan-style lanterns. Whether you choose classic designs or modern interpretations, these beautiful pieces of art can instantly transform any space into a cozy, inviting oasis.
In today’s post from LanternShop.com by Traders of Tamerlane, we’ll explore the many different types of Moroccan lanterns, their uses, and how you can incorporate them into your home. Read on to learn more and find the magic of Morocco online today!
Types of Moroccan-Style Lanterns
- Pendant lanterns - Pendants lanterns are actually the most traditional with their oval shapes pointed on the top and bottom. Remember, it wasn't long ago that lanterns were hung from the ceilings of mosques, markets and other places as primary sources of illumination. Almost always symmetrical (the bottom is pointed same way as the top) they are only meant for hanging
- Birdcage lanterns - Since they have no glass, these lanterns particulary highlight the geometric cutwork of the metal and often have the most intricate examples of such. The most intricate mosaic of shadows can be found here when lit.
- Star lanterns - Star lanterns have a broad tradition throughout all of Central and South Asia, reaching as far west as the Caucuses and North Africa. Stars shape lanterns ranging from simple 4-pointed varieties all the way up to 20 or more can be found in countries all across Eurasia. Celestial objects are a very frequently occurring theme in Moroccan and Islamic aesthetics.
- Architecture lanterns - These designs are inspired by of the towers, domes and arches, from mosques, temples, and other architectural traditions around the world! Many are often designed from miniature versions of famous buildings
How to Incorporate Moroccan Lanterns Into Your Home
Moroccan lanterns can be used in a variety of ways to bring warmth and charm to your home. Here are a few ideas:
- Hang several lanterns from the ceiling in your living room or dining room to create a dramatic, show-stopping look.
- Place a few lanterns on tables and shelves to add a soft, inviting glow.
- Hang a single lantern near your front door to welcome visitors.
- Add a few lanterns to your garden or patio to create a cozy, romantic atmosphere.
- These lanterns also make great wedding decorations or centerpieces!
Choose LanternShop.com for All Your Moroccan-Style Decor
When you need to add a touch of elegance and style to your home, choose LanternShop.com for all of your Moroccan-style decor needs. Our selection of decorative lanterns includes metal lanterns, glass lanterns, and Moroccan lanterns to fit any style. Whether you’re looking for something unique to add to your living room or a piece to add a special touch to your bedroom, we have the perfect piece for you. Shop now and find the perfect piece for your home.